At Kates Hill we encourage our children to use RMUNIFY which is a safe environment for children to use when they go online. If you have a website that your child uses on a regular basis let us know and we can add a tile for you.
Advice for Parents
- Supervise your children whilst they are using technology.
- Always ensure you know passwords for your children’s devices
- As parents/adults you should know what your child is doing online. E.g. Gaming; Fortnite, YouTube, etc.
- Be aware of who your child is talking to online (people are not always who they say they are).
- Check their devices regularly to ensure they are using them safely.
- Check website history regularly to monitor the websites your child is viewing. Do not allow children to delete their history.
- Check your Internet Settings at home. In school sites are filtered at home filtering depends on your settings.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to help with Parental Control settings.
- Give your children time limits. It is recommended that a break should be taken every 20 minutes of using their devices.
- Don’t allow children to have their tablets in their rooms at bedtime.