At Kates Hill we encourage our children to use RMUNIFY which is a safe environment for children to use when they go online. If you have a website that your child uses on a regular basis let us know and we can add a tile for you.
Advice for Parents
- Supervise your children whilst they are using technology.
- Always ensure you know passwords for your children’s devices
- As parents/adults you should know what your child is doing online. E.g. Gaming; Fortnite, YouTube, etc.
- Be aware of who your child is talking to online (people are not always who they say they are).
- Check their devices regularly to ensure they are using them safely.
- Check website history regularly to monitor the websites your child is viewing. Do not allow children to delete their history.
- Check your Internet Settings at home. In school sites are filtered at home filtering depends on your settings.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to help with Parental Control settings.
- Give your children time limits. It is recommended that a break should be taken every 20 minutes of using their devices.
- Don’t allow children to have their tablets in their rooms at bedtime.
Useful Information and Guidelines
Websites for parents to support their child online
I want my own YouTube Channel - You tube offers young people the chance to be content creators as well as consumers (follow You Tube influencers). Here is some useful information to help adults support their children, including the rules associated with creating an account and associated privacy settings: what-if-my-child-wants-their-own-youtube-channel